Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Cubes Everywhere!

Following the tutorial on
http://www.lynda.com/Illustrator-tutorials/242-Creating-cube-differently-colored-cubes/76067/143225-4.html
I was tasked with both following his steps, changing it around, and then making it my own.

First, following his steps. Pretty simple and self explanatory.



This time around, I used his to create something new. The only thing that really changed was the increase of cubes (enough to fill the image) and the red. I chose the other colors, which make the yellow feel a tiny bit off. The dark doesn't seem dark enough...


And then here, trying to make something my own. Many people seemed to have been going in really odd directions, many people making abstract images by squashing shapes. Instead, I decided to take it one step further. If a squashed cube is still a cube, a rectangle (which a cube is) should work as well, right? I learned how to use the Extrude and tried to use it to create a block giraffe in the style of my drawing 1 class project.

No comments:

Post a Comment