Monday, December 16, 2013

Colleges Stalkin' our Bloody Social Media

I was made aware of Colleges stalking our Social Media (Twitter, Facebook, Google+, etc) earlier this month, and found it... Interesting.
Apparently the issue was raised when a girl who didn't really have competitive grades in the first place posted some inappropriate words about fellow students and teachers WHILE at the college she wanted to go to.
I must agree with the decision to deny her request, but it seems this has started a wave of creating "professional" profiles... I don't see the need to be professional on Facebook, I just don't. If colleges just want fake people, go right ahead, but I enjoy expressing myself as an artist, whether vocally being against someone for their decisions is my idea. A lot of people are against 50 Shades of Gray, but at the same time it found global success as a book, which is could be considered a platform for art.
I feel like Colleges should go ahead and look, but with the right mindset, no one is a perfect angel, and that is an unrealistic expectation.

(Sorry, no pretty picture this time.)

No comments:

Post a Comment