Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Bloody Great Time!

This field trip to the museum was very interesting, with really different types of art.
This is probably one of my favorite works, just because of the variety of shapes, from lines and perfect circles to free form curves. I also love the color, although random, they seem to balance themselves out. Pieces like this help remind me that a piece doesn't have to be perfect through and through to have a perfect look at the end.
These butterfly wings are attached to tiny motors which slowly beat the wings. From just looking at the shadow, they actually look like butterflies, until you get close up. I find this to be a very interesting way to show color, while at the same time shadows help create the effect.
This was located in the museum's cafe. I really loved this piece just because it is carved wood, but from far away they look like stone. I really love wood and stone, so having one imitate the other was just fantastic.

We didn't spend all of our time here, we also visited KCAI where we got to tour the place and look at the various things they did there. Although I didn't get any spectacular pictures of the rooms, I did get one of the stair case, just because it looked like they really tried to make it look like wood.
You can also see a graphic on a wall below. They have random graphics all over the place, and makes it feel like there is one person there who is really sticker happy and wants to post things all over the place. Reminds me of my laptop...

Although I don't have any pictures of the studios (I was busy listening to them!) we also visited some small studios, having 4 people in them at most. 
The first one I went into was for a claymation team for KCAI who got a grant to pay for the studio. They needed the studio to control the lighting in the room and whenever they took shots. 
The next one we went into was a printing studio that manually prints using silk screens. He talked about the positives of it versus printer printing and he showcased his work. We also talked about how to make one (it's a rather simple process, surprisingly.)
The last one we visited was a clothing designer. To be honest, I didn't quite understand what she did, she had many bolts of fabric and tiny samples of many designs next to each other. It was really unique, and I liked it. She talked a lot about the programs she used, and I wasn't interested enough to pay attention. Whoops.

1 comment:

  1. Nice job. I think you have a good eye for photography too.By the way, the cement has that wood grain because they used sheet of plywood to frame in the cement thus, the wood imprint. I'm so glad you enjoyed the day's feast.

    ReplyDelete